Job Title: Teaching Assistant
Location: King Edwin School, Norton Line Managed/Jointly Supervised by: Vice Principal/HOS
Salary Scale: £20.538 per annum
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, Term Time Only
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsibility for ensuring and promoting the safeguarding and emotional well-being of any young people that you may come into contact with, reporting problems to the teacher • Work in accordance with Spark of Genius vision and aims
•To assist teachers in raising the standards of pupil attainment, through the provision of quality and relevant experiences and with regard to the curriculum, age range or additional needs
•To assist the teachers in: the planning and preparation and collation of learning materials and resources; the creation of visual displays; differentiating and adapting learning programmes to suit the needs of allocated pupils
• Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment as agreed with the teacher and in line with reporting processes prescribed by the school quality cycle; Monitor and record pupil responses and learning achievements, drawing any problems which cannot be resolved to the attention of the teacher/personal tutor
•To support and assist the pupils within the centre and on educational and out of school activities
•To work with individual pupils or small groups of pupils.
•To adhere to the whole organisation policies on Safeguarding, pastoral care, behaviour management, health & safety and pupil welfare at all times
•To work in partnership with school and residential colleagues, parents/carers and other adults, e.g. Educational Psychologist
• Make economic use of the monies provided for education including adherence to systems of accounting and the recording for the use of transport.
•To attend to the personal, social, emotional & behavioural needs of pupils as required/indicated in their personal education, care & development plan whilst encouraging independence; assist in the maintenance of a safe, healthy, hygienic environment.
•To work with external care and education agencies as appropriate, when directed by your line manager, to contribute to positive and sustainable outcomes for our young people when they leave our service.
•To take an active part in the school outdoor educational provision, including supporting animal care and wellbeing and our Duke of Edinburgh provision.
Professional Knowledge and Understanding:
• Have a working knowledge of child well-being, learning and developmental pathways • Have sufficient knowledge of literacy, numeracy; and personal, social and health education; and to be IT literate
• Have a broad understanding of the ethos, values and policies of Spark of Genius and to place these at the centre of your practice
•To have full awareness of the importance of the role of education assistant in Spark of Genius
Principles and Perspectives:
•To adhere to sound professional values and practices at all times
•To maintain an ethos of quality provision and continual improvement
Professional Skills and Abilities:
• Communicate clearly, have good interpersonal skills
•To assist pupils both individually and on a group basis
• Display ability and willingness to contribute to the life of the school and its community • With teachers support, use a range of resources which, have been evaluated in terms of curriculum requirements and to meet the needs of pupils.
• Maintain expectations for the pace of work, attainment and achievement for all pupils. • Work in a professional, co-operative manner with all associated with Spark of Genius • Maintain excellent attendance standards keeping absence from work at a minimum
Classroom Organisation and Management:
• Alongside the teacher, manage classes and resources to achieve safe, orderly and purposeful activity; report any damaged material or any damage to the building immediately • Ability to use positive behaviour strategies, using a range of agreed methods (which may include the likes of TCI, Team Teach, Calm etc), Restorative Approaches and Spark’s ‘Every Second Counts’ as a frameworkSalary: