Are you looking for a job with more purpose? Do you want to support young people who have experienced trauma and transform their lives? Do you want to have seasonal holidays off work and have more of a work life balance? Look no further and join us as a Teaching Assistant at Cambian Oakwood school.
Cambian Group is one of the largest providers of specialist behavioural health services for children and adults in the UK. We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to join our team that matches our ethos of believing that every child or young person has a personal best. Our work in the UK embraces many specialist services including adult mental health, acquired brain injury, children’s specialist education, children’s residential services and fostering services.
Linton School is an independent special school who caters for children and young people with social, emotional and mental health needs.
We are located in Freckleton, near Preston and therefore benefit from some amazing outdoor space where we develop an extensive outdoor curriculum which includes farming, equestrian, horticulture and small animal care. The school provides full time education for up to 12 male or female students ages between 8 and 18 years old. Linton School aims to nurture pupils by offering quality learning experiences so that they can be the best they can be. Pupils are given the opportunity to learn and develop in a supportive and creative environment, ensuring that they feel safe and happy to progress and achieve.
We believe that education is the key to success. We aim to dismantle barriers to learning through a therapeutic Thrive@ approach to yield positive outcomes, leading to greater integration with community and society.
We have taken a broader, more flexible approach to the curriculum so that it is not only tailored to the needs, skills and interests of the learners but also to provide a balance of academic, artistic, cultural, vocational and civic elements. We extend learning beyond the confines of the classroom to build essential independent skills, foster teamwork and to promote community collaboration through charity work, work experience and school trips.
Students’ progress and achievement are constantly monitored in order to adapt teaching and learning with further support or to stretch and challenge our students accordingly
As a Teaching Assistant you will have a passion for working with young people and want to make a difference in our young people’s lives. You will assist in providing a happy, secure and caring environment in which learning can best take place. This role involves carrying out a range of tasks, under the direction of the Teacher, including care and support of the students and helping to assist in the delivery and evaluation of specific programs within the class.
What we need from you?
Successful candidates will be part of a large supportive team of like-minded professionals who provide targeted education support. This is a unique opportunity to work collaboratively with trained, qualified professionals from across our team to support a successful educational organisation.
As a Teaching Assistant you will:
- Supervise and support students in both the classroom and off site in the community
- Effectively assist the teacher to plan learning activities
- Build and maintain positive professional relationships with staff and young people
- Encourage and motivate students to learn and develop
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills including the ability to clarify and explain instructions clearly
- Support students in small group and on a 1-2-1 basis.
- To enable students to participate in learning activities by providing support, as appropriate for their specific difficulties
- Produce legible, accurate and prompt written reports/records
- To help students access the national curriculum including developing their literacy and numeracy skills
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who is:
- Committed to providing educational guidance and support to our young people
- Positive in assisting teaching staff in the delivery of lessons to young people
- Passionate about improving the lives of others
- A positive and consistent role model to others
- Innovative, engaging enthusiastic and inspirational
- A creative thinker and implementer
- An excellent communicator and team player
- Seeking career development and training
Cambian is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced D