Service: Education and Children's Services
Location: Netherlea School Dumfries
Immediate Supervisor: Head Teacher
Purpose of the Job : Provide support / tutoring for our learners
Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
- Communicate effectively with parents / carers
- Develop productive nurturing relationships with our young people.
- Provide advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education and wider well-being.
- Support assigned classes together with associated preparation and planning
- Maintain a rich, stimulating school environment.
- Act as a tutor / point of contact for a small group
- Promote and safeguard the health, wellbeing and safety of pupils.
- Work in partnership with parents, care staff and other professionals.
- Participate in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and self-evaluation.
- Participate in and promote outdoor learning opportunities.
- To fully undertake all the tasks above
- Relevant Qualifications
- Functional Literacy / Numeracy
- PVG Membership is an essential requirement of this post.
- Skills/Experience Required
You should be a confident practitioner with a good understanding of how ACEs effect young people. Have functional literacy and numeracy skill and be competent using IT. You will be required to use your initiative, show enthusiasm, have flexibility and commitment and be able to work as part of a dedicated team.
- Post Title : TA
- Service Area Education and Children's Services
- Workplace : Netherlea School Dumfries
- Line Manager : Head Teacher
- Education & Training
- Functional Literacy and Numeracy qualifications
- Competent using IT
- PVG Membership
- Child Development qualification.
- Recognised ASN qualification.
- Previous Experience
- (Paid & Voluntary Work)
- Has experience of working as part of a team to provide high
- quality learning experiences.
- Experience of working with young people who might display challenging behaviour.
- Experience of supporting young people in a nurturing environment.
- Understands the PACE model and how it can be used to work with young people who have experienced trauma.
- Experience of working with children at different developmental stages.
- Knowledge/ Skills /Competencies
- Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to demonstrate an understanding of how to support teaching and learning. Ability to give evidence of good pupil management skills. Ability to form productive relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues. Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school eg : participate in outdoor learning etc.
- Evidence of contributions to school life.
- Willingness to develop the use of outdoor learning.
Ability to work under pressure. Ability to develop and maintain good relationships. Well organised, good time management, ability to effectively plan and prioritise. Hardworking and enthusiastic, adaptable and able to motivate others with a positive 'can do' attitude. Good sense of humour. Team player. Commitment to personal development
Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Cambian is an equal opportunities employer.
Cambian will conduct online searches of shortlisted candidates. This check will be part of a safeguarding check, and the search will purely be based on whether an individual is suitable to work with children. As care must be taken to avoid unconscious bias and any risk of discrimination a person who will not on the appointment panel will conduct the search and will only share information if and when findings are relevant and of concern.